The Center has a specialized body of renowned scholars of shari'a, law and economics who provide consultations and studies to clients. The body performs the following tasks:
- Providing management, legal and shari'ah consultation regarding existing and new bank products
- Providing management, legal and shari'ah consultation regarding establishing new branches.
- Providing management, legal and shari'ah consultation as required for establishment and smooth operation of Islamic banking and finance activities.
- Proceedings of the First Sharjah International Conference on Islamic Finance 2014.
- A special issue of the UOS Journal of Humanities (The refereed research articles presented at the said conference).
- Proceedings of the first forum of Islamic Banking Jurisprudence 2016.
The Center funds the following types of research:
- Articles and papers relevant to Islamic banking and finance.
- Papers relevant to Islamic banking of shari'a, law and economics nature. Specialized committees referee such research prior to publishing in a periodicals or a refereed journal of the Center in accordance with importance of research.
Islamic Finance Product Development
The Center takes part in the design and development of Islamic finance products in cooperation with Islamic financial institutions. The Center launched the best Islamic finance product award in which international standards are applied.