Sign In
  • A-
  • A
  • A+
  • ع
  • A-
  • A
  • A+
  • ع
  • Registration Instructions Summer 18/19 fall 19/20


Registration questions

Q.1.    What are the dates of registration, add and drop? When are students eligible to register?

Check the Academic Calendar in the main page of the university website for dates, deadlines, and important events. Registration instructions can be accessed through this link.

Q.2.    Who is an academic advisor and when should the student meet him/her?

The academic advisor is a faculty member in the department to which the student belongs. The student should contact the academic advisor before registering the courses for each academic semester and during his/her office hours to ensure that he/she is registered correctly and according to the study plan.

 Q.3.    How can the student place himself in the waiting list and when can he register for that section?

The student should place himself in the waiting list through banner self-service when a section of a course is closed (full). The student can register this section when he receives an email stating that a seat is available within the time frame given (16) hours from receiving the mail.

Q.4.    Is the student allowed to enroll in a full section?

After de-activating the waitlists, the student can contact the department that offers the course to ask for a 'Registration Permission' to raise capacity, and register through his/her self-service.

Q.5.    What is course description and how can a student get it?

A course description is detailed information about the content of the registered courses by the student and can be attained by the administrative assistant in the college to which the course belongs to.

Q.6.    What is the difference between withdrawal from semester and withdrawal from university?

Withdrawal from semester: Discontinuation of studies for a certain semester. The request should be applied through the Registration Department.

Withdrawal from university: Withdrawal of the student file from the university. The request should be applied through the Admission Department.

 Q.7.     How many times can a student repeat a course which he/she has already passed?

The student can repeat a passed course only once, on the condition that the first grade did not exceed:

Grade C+ for Bachelor and Diploma degrees

Grade B+ for Doctorate and Master degrees

Grade B+ for the Foundation year of Medicine and Dental Medicine Colleges

Q.8.    How can a student solve the courses conflict issues?

The student should visit his/her academic advisor or head of the department if there is a conflict in the courses offered in the desired course schedule to provide his/her the appropriate assistance and solutions.

 Q.9.    How can a student print the class schedule, the Final Exam schedule and the study plan?

From UOS Website go to MYUOS Portal then MyUDC then LOGIN then Students then Registration then Summarized Schedule/Final Exam Schedule/Student Program of Study

Q.10.   How can a student print the un-official transcript?

From UOS Website go to MYUOS Portal then MyUDC then LOGIN then Student then Student Record then Un-official Transcript

Q.11.   What does (U M T W R) mean in my schedule?

It means class meets on these days. For the abbreviated days of the week in the student's schedule, see the table below:

AbbreviationWeek Day


Q.12.   What do the following abbreviations mean (MAM, MAW, UOS, ..) ?
Those are Campuses abbreviations, see the table below:

KOMKhorfakan Men's Campus
KOWKhorfakan Women's Campus
KUMKalba Men's Campus
KUWKalba UOS Women's Campus
MAMUOS Men's Campus
MAWUOS Women's Campus
MDMMedical Men's Campus
UOSUOS Main Campus (Men, Women)
FAMFine Arts Men's Campus
MDWMedical Women's Campus
DNWDibba Al Hesn Women's Campus
MLWMaliha Women's Campus
SHMSharjah Men's Campus (Community)
SHWSharjah Women's Campus (Community)


Q.13.   What is CRN?

CRN is the Course Reference Number, which is specified uniquely to each course.

Q.14.   What would happen if the section which I already registered in is now closed?

 The student will be notified by his college/department about dropping the closed section course and ask him/her to find another section/course that will match his/her schedule.

Q.15.   Does the student require the approval of the scholarship entity to drop a course after the Add and Drop period? Whom should they contact?

Scholarships' conditions vary, therefore students must contact Ms. Anoud Al Qassimi (Scholarship Coordinator) at and send the following details (student name – university ID – Scholarship entity  - student contact number – Dropped Course Title – No. of credit hours before and after dropping the course).

Q.16.   I have a hold; what is it, and what should I do about it ?

There are many types of holds specified by University of Sharjah. See the table below that describes each Hold:

Type of ProbationWhere to go?
Contact Registration OfficeGo to the registrar in the Registration building, M11-A
No Web Registration AllowedGo to the registrar in the Registration building, M11-A
English Skills HoldGo to the registrar in the Registration building, M11-A
Probation HoldGo to the registrar in the Registration building, M11-A
Financial HoldGo to the Financial Office in the Registration building, M11-A
Sponsorship HoldGo to the Financial Office (Sponsorship) in the Registration building, M11-A
Missing DocumentsGo to the Admission Office in the Admission building, M11-A
Contact Admissions OfficeGo to the Admission Office in the Admission building, M11-A
Contact Security OfficeGo to the security office in Main building M11



E-Services Questions


Q.1.   What is meant by Electronic Services and what does it contain?

The Electronic Services are a combination of several services through which the student applies to the service required. E.g. To Whom It May Concern Letter – Official Transcript – Change Major – etc…

Q.2.   What steps should be followed to change major?

Go to MY UDC à E-Services à Select Change of Program Request à Choose desired college and major à upload the transcript (Download it from MY UDC) à Click on Submit 

You can follow up with the administrative assistant of the college with the reference number that appears. The major will be changed after the approval of the head of the department and the dean of the college.

Q.3.   How can a student apply for To Whom It May Concern Letter (Continuation of study letter) for immigration / national service / license / bank etc. purposes?

A student can apply for the request by going to the university’s website à My UOS Portal à Banner à Login à E-Services à Select To Whom It May Concern Letter à Fill in the details.

Kindly specify the purpose of the letter and include any additional information required.

Q.4.   What is the difference between an official transcript and a non-official transcript?

Official Transcript: An official document signed & sealed by the Registration Department usually given to a specific organization and is requested through the Electronic Services and must be paid for in the Finance Department.

Un-Official Transcript: Transcript without the sign & seal, can be printed from My UDC Banner self-service.

Q.5.   How can a student follow up on the requested e-services online?

A student can follow up the request by going to the university’s website à My UOS Portal à Banner à Login à E-Services à Check the status of the request à Completed, or can check the email for a notification that the request was processed.

Q.6.   What is an Incomplete Grade?

The student applies for an Incomplete Grade through Electronic Services when he/she cannot attempt the final examination for a given reason. After the approval of the instructor and the dean of the college, the Incomplete Grade (I) is assigned for the student and after attempting the exam, the grade is entered in the system.

Regarding the bylaws

Q.1.   What is an academic probation? What are the consequences?

A student gets an academic probation when his cumulative GPA (CGPA) goes below 2.00 from 4.00 starting from the second semester. The student has to raise his cumulative GPA (CGPA) to (2.00) to avoid compulsory change major or college, or dismissal from the university

Q.2.   How can a probated student register for courses? How many hours can a probated student register? Where does he get the PIN code from?

A probated student should meet the academic advisor to choose the appropriate courses and get the PIN code number to register the courses online. The student can register for 13 credit hours and if the student is expected to graduate in the same semester, he/she is allowed to register for 15 credit hours after the department’s recommendation and in coordination with the Registration Department.

Q.3.   Can a student register below 12 credit hours? What are the cases in which a student is allowed to do so?

A student can register below 12 credit hours if he/she was a graduate in the same semester. For non-graduate student, he/she can register 9 credit hours after the Dean’s approval.

Q.4.   What happens if my cumulative GPA (CGPA) falls below 1.00? Does I have to transfer my major compulsorily?

 The student has to change the major compulsorily when he/she gets cumulative GPA (CGPA) below 1.00 by the end of any semester and cannot go back to the current major again.