Since the personal hygiene of children is considered a priority of the Nursery administration, the following apply:
Keeping the Bulding Clean
- There are regular times during the day to use the bathrooms and change diapers, or upon need, for younger children.
- Children are given time and encouraged to wash their hands before and after they eat and after using the bathroom.
- Parents/guardians are required to do the following on a regular basis: trim their children’s nails and clean their ears.
- The Nursery has the policy of returning children’s belongings, including bed sheets, to the parents/guardians at the end of each week to be returned to the Nursery at the beginning of the next week with parents/guardians making sure that the child’s name appears clearly on them.
- Cleaning women from a cleaning company clean the entire Nursery at least twice daily with disinfectant and under the supervision of the management and Nursery staff.
- Air conditioning filters in the Nursery are cleaned by a specialized division from the University management four times a year.
- The Nursery’s water tanks are cleaned by the University management twice a year.
- Outside gutters are cleaned and bug/pest controls are applied regularly by the University management.
- The Nursery encourages children to eat healthy nutritious food.
- The Nursery provides dates or bakery goods stuffed with dates to children daily.
- Junk food is strictly forbidden including: soft drinks, sugar, chocolate, chips, processed potatoes, and gum (chewing gum).
- Please make sure that all food is fresh or not expired, especially canned goods.
- Do not bring foods that spoil easily such as eggs or mayonnaise.
Resting and Nap Policy
- The Nursery management sets a daily schedule for resting and napping for the health of the body and mind of children in our care.
- Children above the infant age are provided mattresses and infants are given a bed and mattress.
- Parents/guardians are required to provide a mattress cover, blanket and pillow with the child’s name written clearly on them.
- At the end of the week the children’s belongings are given to the parents/guardians to be washed and returned to the person in charge at the beginning of the week, making sure that the child’s name appears clearly on them.
- Napping areas are somewhat dark and have good ventilation, heat and AC, as appropriate for summer or winter, and Quran tapes or calm music are played.
- The UOS Nursery maintains the privacy of all information related to children enrolled in the Nursery and their parents/guardians. No personal information is provided to any other party without advance written permission unless for legal cases.
- The UOS Nursery reserves the right to delete, amend or add information to its web pages from time to time.