First phase: Before Training
What to do before your Internship?
1- Receive your official acceptance from the company.
2- Register for the "Training course" in Banner.
3- Submit to CASTO
- Copy of the acceptance letter +
- Copy of your registration schedule (from MyUDC)
*Last date to submit the documents 9th June 2016*
4- Follow the BlackBoard instructions
Second phase: Check list during the training period
- Start your internship as agreed with the training organization.
- Fill in and upload the (T3) "Student Weekly Report" to Internship BlackBoard course by the end of each training week.
- Complete the (T5) "Student Evaluation of the Training Organization" a week before the end of your training period.
- Prepare your "final report" (if required) and upload it at the end of the training period.
- Prepare a "thank you letter" (Optional) to the training organization after completing the training period.
- The trainees may be requested to prepare a presentation on their final report for colleagues in their college.
Important Issues to pay attention to during the training period
- Adhere to the official working hours of the training organization you join.
- Positively represent the University at the training organization and adhere to work ethics.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information at the training site.
- Take interest in implementing what you have been commissioned to do in your areas of training.
- Resolve to achieve the most during the training process to ensure full benefit from the training experience in various areas and refrain from being selective in a way that prevents benefiting from important work competencies and skills.
- Inform the Academic or Field Supervisor as early as possible about any problems encountered during the training process.
- Don't be absent. In case there's any emergency that will cause you to miss training time, you must take permission from both the field supervisor and the academic supervisor.
Note: Your are NOT permitted to change your training organization after getting written acceptance.
Practical Training Summer 2016.pptx