- You must be a currently enrolled full-time student in either 3rd or 4th level Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at the time of application and be studying one of the disciplines listed below.
Engineering & Technology
Wood & Paper Technology
Hotel & Management
- You must be between the ages of 19 and 30 during the internship.
- You must possess a minimum GPA of 2.5 and above or good standing.
- You must speak good English. While most positions only require English, foreign language skills are sometimes preferred
- You must be studying in UAE at an Accredited University.
To express your interest in applying for the program, you need to submit a complete application form online along with the supporting documents.
Update: We are closed for IAESTE 2019.
Documents To Prepare After Registration:
- Resume / CV
- 2 Recommendation Letters (preferably from your Course Instructors or Professors)
- Official Academic Transcript from Registration Office
- Certificate of enrollment (To Whom It May Concern Certificate)
- English Assessment Certificate from the English Language Department (Template is available in stage 2)
- Copy of valid passport
- 1 Passport Photo (white background)
- Portfolio (for Architecture & Interior Design students)
- A guardian's written no objection letter (Female students only - template is available in stage 2)
- Approval from Sponsor (For students who are sponsored by a company )
The application fees is of 300 AED (non-refundable and inclusive of VAT).
Most placements are for 4-12 weeks during the summer, but longer term placements are also available throughout the year. Check 'Number of weeks offered' in each the offer published on the Nomination stage of the application process.
What happens after I submit my application, what are the Traineeship Stages?
Have a read here
about the Traineeship cycle from Application time till Acceptance stage.
Where can I go?
Generally, you can go to any country where IAESTE is represented, depending on which countries your National Committee has exchanged with training offers.
What are the costs?
- A Fee of 300 AED must be paid when you apply. In case of receiving a formal acceptance from the receiving country:-
- You will have to pay for your own travel costs (airfare, health insurance, as well as, incidental costs; such as visa or work permit fees) to your receiving country and for personal insurance for the duration of the traineeship
- Make sure to take some cash with you for the first month's expenses, until you start getting your salary.
Will I be paid?
- All Internships are paid in accordance with the cost of living in the receiving country and in the currency of that country. Some internship opportunities offer additional benefits, like free of charge accommodation.
- All IAESTE trainees generally receive a cost of living allowance that will at least cover food, accommodation and travel to and from work
- The exact amount is determined by the cost of living in the country and the employer.
What support will I receive if I am successful in gaining a traineeship?
IAESTE takes care of all communication with the employer through liaison with the receiving IAESTE country. The receiving IAESTE country will issue the necessary documents for you to obtain a work permit or visa if either is required. They will also arrange accommodation and in most cases, a reception program.
Tips before Departure
- Keep a copy of your visa with you at the airport (if a visa is required).
- Make sure to bring enough money
- You might need an adapter for your electronic appliances.
- Take note of the weather conditions of the country you are travelling to.
In many countries, IAESTE is organized by student volunteers and members. There are many benefits to joining IAESTE as a member or volunteer, including:
- Improving cross-cultural understanding – a must in today’s global marketplace.
- Learning management, organization and leadership skills.
- Networking opportunities with IAESTE alumni and friends from around the world.
- Filling your summer with exciting international events.
- Accessing a network of technical students and professionals, your future colleagues.