Dear IAESTE trainee,
We warmly welcome you to United Arab Emirates and hope that your internship will be a great learning experience.
We hope that your stay in our country will be interesting, worthwhile and useful. You will look upon your IAESTE traineeship not only as a work experience, but also as a unique opportunity to explore our country, way of life and culture.
We would like to highlight some important information for you before your arrival.
Arrival to the UAE
- Make sure to select your arrival destination as: Dubai International Airport or Sharjah International Airport. If you intend to arrive in Abu Dhabi, simply let us know your final drop off location in Dubai City.
- Usually there will be someone waiting for you at the airport. If not, there are plenty of taxi services available to take you to the University of Sharjah.
- Your accommodation is secured based on your training period, so please make sure you arrive no more than 2-3 days before your training start date, and you leave no more than 2-3 days after your training end date.
- Airport drop-off will be arranged by the trainee.
- You will be given information about your accommodation along with your acceptance papers. Normally trainees stay in the University of Sharjah or nearby hotel apartments, with either one or two roommates, depending on the size of the room.
- Rooms are furnished and include a kitchen, toilet and shower.
- Male and female housing are separate.
- Accommodation is reserved for IAESTE Trainees only
- Free transportation to and from the workplace will be arranged by IAESTE UAE. This is offered as a bonus, you are free to arrange your own transport to work if the bus timings are not suitable.
- You will arrange transport for your own trips and go-outs. The transportation for the major trips will be arranged by the LC..
- The payment you receive from your employer normally covers the costs of living (including lodging) for one person, but not necessarily extra expenses. You should bring extra money to cover entertainment activities.
- Lodging costs will be paid by the trainee to IAESTE UAE LC upon arrival.
- After the workweek, it is time to have some fun! The Local Committee will arrange some weekend trips to various places around the UAE.
- You will be granted free access to the sports complex facilities at University of Sharjah.
We wish you a very pleasant and memorable stay in the United Arab Emirates. Please feel free to contact us for any further information you may need.
IAESTE UAE Local Committee (LC)