- A minimum average of 70% (Literary or Scientific Section) is required for admissions to the following colleges:
- A student applying to join the UoS must have completed her/his secondary education and have had at least 12 years of schooling prior to the date of application.
- The applicant should have graduated from a school licensed and recognized by the Ministry of Education in the UAE, and must submit a certified copy of the secondary school certificates, with a grade script certified by the school and the Ministry of Education or the Education Zone in the UAE.
- An applicant who attended school outside the UAE should be a graduate of a school recognized by the official education authority in the country of study.
- Certificates submitted must be authenticated by the Education Authority in the country of study, such as the Ministry of Education, Boards of Education, or the British Council, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country, then the relevant Embassy of the United Arab Emirates or the Embassy of the Country in the UAE, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the United Arab Emirates.
- Holders of Certificates of Secondary Education or its Equivalent (Science or Literature Sections): Students who hold a secondary education certificate from a recognized school may apply for admission to one of the bachelors programs, in accordance with the conditions and standards set by the university, within the limits of its capacity and according to the following provisions:
- A minimum average of 70% (Scientific Section) for applying to the College of Sciences. - A minimum average of 75% (Scientific Section) for applying to the Colleges of Engineering and Health Sciences. - A minimum average of 80% (Scientific Section) for applying to the College of Pharmacy. - A minimum average of 85% (Scientific Section) for applying to the College of Dentistry. - A minimum average of 90% (Scientific Section) for applying to the College of Medicine.
- Shari'a & Islamic Studies
- Business Administration
- Fine Arts & Design
- Arts Humanities and Social Sciences
- Business Information Systems major in College of Computing and Informatics
- A minimum average of 75% (Scientific Section) for applying to the College of Computing and Informatics - Computer Engineering major.
-A minimum average of 70% (Scientific Section) for applying to the College of Computing and Informatics in the following majors: Computer Science, Information Technology - Multimedia and Business Information Systems.
Holders Of Secondary School Certificates from the schools that follows the educational system of Ministry of education in UAE or Abu Dhabi Education Council:
Students holding a secondary School certificates in UAE country that follows the educational system of Ministry of education or Abu Dhabi education council are able to apply to the available programs in the university , as illustrated in the attached table
Note : Fulfilling the above minimum average requirements does not guarantee admission to a program. These requirements represent a threshold for including the application in the competition pool.
Students Holding a Technical High School Certificate or its Equivalent:
Students who hold a Technical Secondary School Certificate from a recognized school may be admitted to an undergraduate program according to the following requirements:
- Sharia and Islamic Studies
- Arts Humanities and Social Sciences, (Except English language and Literature)
Business – Business Administration or Public Administration
Engineering or Sciences
(According to their respective fields)
Technical Institution certificate
Engineering or Sciences
(According to their respective fields)
High School Diploma Certificate:
An applicant who holds a High School Diploma (American system) or its equivalent may be admitted upon meeting the following conditions:
- The student has completed 12 years of study.
- The certificate is recognized by the Ministry of Education in the UAE.
- The student must have studied 6 courses in the fields of Mathematics, Sciences, Social Studies, and Languages with English as the language of instruction.
- The Diploma study track (Literature or Science) is determined on the basis of the courses studied in the 12th year (two Science and one Mathematics subjects constitute a Science Track).
- The UoS may award up to (12) credit hours for students who have successfully achieved a grade of (5) or higher in specific subjects of the IB Higher-Level Examination, and will be given substitute courses instead.
- Applicants to the Medical Colleges (Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmacy )
- Must have completed two courses of Biology, two courses of Chemistry, and at least one course in Physics in the last three years (G10,G11,G12) and attained a grade of (B) or higher in the 12th year in Biology or Chemistry.
- For schools that follows the credit hours system, students must study chemistry, biology and physics
(full credit hour) distributed in high school levels (Gr10, Gr11, and Gr12) at least once, and the student must attain a grade of at least
(B) or above in Biology OR Chemistry in Gr12 certificate .
British Certificates (IGCSE, GCSE, GCE):
An applicant who holds a British certificate of secondary education or its equivalent may be admitted upon meeting the following conditions:
- Has completed 12 years of study by the time she/he has finished secondary education and must provide proof thereof.
- The highest 7 grades obtained will be considered as follows:
- A minimum grade of C in 5 O-Level subjects, and minimum grade of D in 2 AS-Level subjects or
- A minimum grade of C in 6 O-Level subjects and a minimum grade of E in one A-Level subject.
- The courses should cover at least four areas of study: Mathematics, Sciences, Social Studies, Fine Arts & Design, and Languages.
- For an applicant to be considered as a graduate of the Science Track in secondary educations she/he must have successfully studied at least 2 Science and one Mathematics subjects at O-Level and AS-Level or A-Level.
- Applicants to the Colleges of Medicine, Dentistry, or Pharmacy must have taken Chemistry and Biology courses at the O-Level, AS-Level or A-Level and attained at least a minimum grade of B at the AS-Level or a C at the A-Level in one of these subjects.
- The UoS may award up to (12) credits for students who have successfully achieved a grade of (C) or better in specific A-Level subjects, and will be given Substitute Courses instead.
International Baccalaureate Certificate (IB):
An applicant who holds International Baccalaureate Certificate may be admitted upon meeting the following conditions:
- The student must have completed at least 12 years of study and must submit offical documentation to that effect.
- IB Diploma must have been awarded according the IB Board requirements.
- The diploma must be authenticated by the Ministry of Education in the UAE.
- The student must have successfully completed at least 6 subjects during secondary school distributed over 4 subjects areas: Mathematics, Sciences, Social Studies and humanities .
- The 6 subjects must include at least three subjects at higher level (HL).
- The student must have scored a total of no less than 24 out of 45 points and the student grade average will be determined by it .
- The IB's study track (whether literature or science) is determined by the subjects studied. For the IB to be counted as "scientific track",the student must have studied at least two science subjects and one mathematics subject
- Students applying for the Colleges of Medicine, Dental Medicine or Pharmacy) must have studied Chemistry and Biology, and must have achieved a minimum grade of (5) in Higher Level Biology or Chemistry in the IB Diploma.
The university may award up to (12) credit hours for students who has successfully achieved a grade of (5) or higher in specific high - level (HL) subjects,provided that he/she takes substitute courses insted from the authorized elective courses according to the student study plan except the Colleges of Medicine and Dentistrty.
IB Diploma must have been awarded according the IB Board requirements .
- The language of instruction is Arabic in the following programs: all programs offered in the Colleges of Shari'a and Islamic Studies , Law , Arts,Humanities and Social Sciences (except the English Language & Literature, and International Relations programs ), the program of Law in the Community College , Public Relations program in the College of Communication.
- However ,the language of instruction is English in the following programs: all programs offered in the Colleges of Engineering , Business Administration , Fine Arts and Design , Sciences , Medicine , Dentistry , Pharmacy , and Health Sciences; the English Language and Literature program and Internaional Relations program in the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; and Mass Communications program in the Colleges of Communication.
All programs offered in the Community College are also taught in English except for the program in Law.