The Admissions Department was established during the academic year
2010/2011 upon a decision of his highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammed
Al-Qasimi, member of the supreme council and ruler of Sharjah, to be an
independent and specialized department. It’s one of the five services and
support entities of the Deanship of Academic Support Services at the University
of Sharjah, and considered the gateway through which students pass to enter the
academic life from the point of applying to join the University until receiving
their academic degrees.
The Admissions Department interact greatly with the steady increase
of the students, and the development of the university since its establishment.
It works to develop itself in quantity and quality and activate its sections in
the main branch, Medical Colleges as well as the branches in Khorfakkan, Kalba,
Dhaid and Community College branch.
The Admissions Department has created an administrative structure
that includes five main sections:
- Admissions section
- Documents and
Graduation Certificates Control section
- Student Service Office section
- Admission System section
- Scholarship office
Convert the department into an integral, safe and high-quality electronic department through applying the latest systems that match international standards in all electronic services related to admission, documents, files, continues students, graduates certificates.
Presenting high quality electronic services for the applicants, students, universities and related institutions by following the latest techniques which contribute to build a strong reputation, promote the university's programs, attract outstanding students both locally and internationally, maintain privacy and security for the students and graduates records, and provide an accurate database .
- Cooperation, harmony and teamwork.
- Credibility and transparency.
- Loyalty and belonging to the institution.
- Justice and integrity.
- Creativity and professionalism.
- Leadership and excellence.
- Accuracy and responsibility.
- The initiative.
- Improve the efficiency in work performance through Electronic studied plan to speed and implement accuracy in all stages related to new students admission and graduation process.
- Implement competition to Attract and accept outstanding students.
- Update the process, procedures and policies of the admissions Department.
- Improve and develop the quality of the electronic services that assist providing high quality services and exchanging the data in accurate and effective way.
- Implement the Electronic Archiving solution.
- Develop Staff Excellence: recruit, develop, retain dynamic workforce; reward excellence .