The Admission Department is a students gateway to university life. It plays a key role in the students entire academic journey, from the moment they join the university until they graduate.Establishment
The Admission Department was established during the academic year 2010/2011 upon a decision by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammed Al-Qasimi, member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah. This department specializes in student acceptances. Services
The Admission Department is one of the most important support departments at the University of Sharjah. It has basic functions that involve all groups of the university community, from students, graduates, visitors parents, faculty and administrators, as each of these groups has its particular needs and requirements. The Admission Department:
- Handles the acceptance process for BA and MA programs
- Issues acceptances based on the University of Sharjah's admission policy, as well as the decisions and standards set by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- Organizes all the phases of the admission procedure and harnesses technology in order to facilitate and modernize it
- Attracts students achieving outstanding school performance to join the university
- Coordinates between all University of Sharjah colleges, private and public institutions, and other universities within and outside the UAE to guarantee the best services for students
- Participates in academic exhibitions within and outside the UAE in order to promote University of Sharjah, familiarize students with its increasing number of programs, and clarify the regulations and conditions for admission to the university
- Provides students with conditions for admission to each college and specialty by distributing brochures and guides
- Welcomes prospective students and their parents, receives applications, checks that applications are complete, corresponds with students, and announces the names of accepted students
- Issues the university ID cards
- Keeps students full academic records
- Prints and distributes students graduation certificates
- Guides students, answers their inquiries, and organizes all acceptance, registration and tuition-fee payment procedures
The Admission Department keeps up with the increasing number of students and the significant expansion that the University of Sharjah is undergoing. The Admission Department coordinates between its various units in University of Sharjah, on the main campus, medical campus, Khor Fakkan campus, Kalba campus, and Community College.
The Admission Department team consists of highly specialized and trained administrators and experts in three main units:
Academic Year 2014-2015 Accomplishments:
- Acceptance Unit
- Documentation and Certification Unit
- Student Services Unit
- Planned a five-year roadmap in line with the university's objectives in order to improve performance and services.
- Continues to attract students with outstanding academic and behavioral performance who meet the admission requirements to enroll at the University of Sharjah, offering them the best educational services as these students continue to raise the university's standards of excellence.
- Continues to promote competition by raising the average required for acceptance.
- Applies the second phase of the Smart Chip system for students' graduation certificates. This will facilitate the ratification of these documents at the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Helps graduates complete their clearance online through the network that connects all the university's departments. The student can thus save time and effort by not having to visit these departments personally. This is a great step that reflects positively on the university and the students.
- Has offices on the medical campus (for students enrolling in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, medical sciences, and fine arts). This reduces the pressure on the main office and provides optimum services for students.
- Accepted applications for enrollment at Al-Qasimia University for the academic year 2014-2015. The Admission Department also issued acceptances to Al-Qasimia University.
- Follows a simple and structured archiving procedure through BANNER in collaboration with MIT experts. All new students' information is archived in a manner that facilitates the retrieval of any document.
- Participated in the university's celebration of the 43rd United Arab Emirates National Day. The activities we offered helped us receive the first award in the celebration competition.
- Archives all graduates files.
- Prints students graduation certificates on high-quality paper and offers a special binder for these certificates.
- Scanned all student records for the academic years 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 and submitted the records to the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- Organized events with other similar departments in order to share experiences and get updated with the latest developments in the student admission field.
- Participated in educational exhibitions and conferences within and outside the UAE.